Search Engine Optimization is a simple and relatively easy-to-use way of improving your site’s visibility on search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and more. A site that is fully optimized get tons of traffic everyday and also help to rank high on different search engines. There are some SEO tips I would like to share with you here but before I proceed, I would like you to know the two main SEO techniques you should know which are:
- Off-page (that is getting links from other sites).
- On-page (that is changes to a site’s code).
It is very important to know the difference between the two techniques that search engines recommend as part of good design (which is “White Hat” SEO) and those techniques that search engines do not approve of and attempt to minimize the effect of (“Black Hat” SEO). One good and interesting thing to know is that search engines change their search criteria daily.
Top 5 Seo Tips To Increase Your Website Rank On Google
1. Quality Content: The main focus of search engine optimization is good quality content which is why it is significant to invest money for updating your website with fresh and engaging information. Uploading new and quality content in your blog can help you gain quality links and also increase the authority of your website. Quality content is the utmost among the SEO tips mentioned in this post because without contents, your website is like a shadow on search engines.
2. Link Building: Most people under-estimate the power of link building. Links from authoritative websites can rank your website high on search engines and so adhering to link building exercises is important to improve the credibility of your website. The most effective ways of linking is guest posting and commenting on other related blogs.
3. Social Media: The use of social media like facebook, twitter, linkedin, google+ and more is very effective in search engine optimization practice. Working on and implementing a good social media strategy is sure to work in your favor and you also need to understand your target audience and make use of few specific social media channels where they are most active. Adding social media share button is very effective and can increase your rank on search engines.
4. Optimization Techniques: Your website should be technically optimized so that Google will able to read your website’s text and code. Your website URL structure should be kept below hundred characters long, use dashes instead of underscores and avoid special characters. For perfect optimization techniques, follow the guide lines below.
- Your website should have a distinct meta description page for each page consisting of one or two sentences describing the page.
- You should frame a unique title tag which includes basic keywords in the beginning of your post title.
- Install an XML site-map in your website. This is very essential for your website and should be submitted to Google webmaster tools to get the content checked. Updating and re-submitting it is required every time new content is added.
- Avoid duplicating contents on your website because it causes confusion to search engines.
5. Design a User friendly website: The design of your website matters a lot when it comes to search engine optimization. No matter how good the content of your website is, the design of your website is the most valuable. Let it be easy to navigate and if it is not easy for users to find what they are looking for, it does not make sense.
Having read this SEO tips I’ve showed you, I hope you’ll utilize the information so as to get traffic to your site. If you still have more SEO tips that is not mentioned here, feel fee to share with us.