Facebook is a social networking website that gives you the opportunities to tap into its huge traffic pool and use that to market your products / services. You can use facebook to your advantage, and drive a huge amount of traffic from your profile page to your website.
List Of Facebook Features And How To Increase Website Traffic From Facebook
1.Facebook Profile: Facebook gives you the opportunity to build a very comprehensive profile which you should use to maximize your target market. In your profile, you can talk about your interests, skills, profession, educational qualification and background ensuring that you use references to the market you are entering and so that readers can communicate with you.
While setting up your profile, remember to keep your privacy in mind and restrict your information from those people that are not interested in your niche and want to know more. When you do this, it will enable you not to be sending updates to people who are not interested in hearing what you have to say. But if you don’t restrict them, they might report you for marketing or spamming and you could be banned for that.
You can share your profile and information with those people that are interested in your products / services which is a great feature in Facebook. Sharing with people is going to make your business more personal and develop a bond with your potential customers.
2. Facebook Friends: Facebook allows you to add friends that you can share your information with. With facebook, you also have more control over those who sees your profile, pictures, blog and RSS feeds.
Facebook also enables you to accept or reject friend requests and this is a good way to filter out those people who are completely unrelated to your niche or who are unlikely to want what you have to offer.
Having a network of like-minded people is more beneficial than people who just want to talk about what they did the previous day, what they are currently doing or their current state of mind on the platform.
3. Status Updates: Instead of using your facebook status update feature to tell your friends about what you are currently doing or your current state of mind, use the feature to report on any marketing projects you are running and the workshops you are attending or setting up.
Always take advantage of this to talk about things related to your own business and also use the subjects as a transition into your business. There are many ways to use the status updates, but if you only have your real friends and family on your friends list, they are unlikely to work effectively because they only want to hear from you and not what you have to promote. So the only way to achieve success is to approach other people on the site and ensure all aspects of your profile are set up to make your purpose and interests clear to them.
4. RSS Feeds: RSS Feeds are web feeds that update automatically whenever you add new content to your blog. Never under estimate the power of RSS Feeds because it helps to feed your followers with the fresh contents from your blog and keep your facebook readers up to date.
5. Facebook Tag: Whenever you share a post from your website, always ensure that you tag some of your friends having the same interest with you in such post. This will enable more visibility to that post because the post will also appear in your their walls.
6. Facebook Applications: Facebook has more than a thousand applications that can be used to attract more readers and add that unique and interesting element to your pages. These applications are simple icons that provide more access to further information and areas of interest and they can be placed on websites, desktops, blogs, profiles, and even mobile devices, and people find them very interesting.
7. Facebook Groups: There are many groups on facebook and you can tap into as many as you want to generate more traffic to your website. One thing I love about facebook group is that, it is very active because that is where you can get valuable people of the same interest with you. Just search for your niche name and choose group when different names appears or you can still create yours too.
Facebook allow you to get huge amount of traffic to your website as you want but you can also get banned when you over do it. So the only way to avoid getting banned by facebook is to add the people of the same interest with you and also use your legal name as your first and last name. You should also be mindful of the kind of images you post so that you will not be reported.