There are over a thousand of WordPress Plugins on the internet but today, I want to share with you the 20 Best WordPress Plugins you must have if you want to be a successful blogger or WordPress site owner.
Before I go into details, I would like to describe what WordPress Plugins are to those who doesn’t know the meaning and how essential they are to a blog or a website.
WordPress Plugins are WordPress Softwares designed by a programmer or developer to help modify or add more features to your WordPress site. Sometimes, choosing the right WordPress plugins to do a particular task can be so confusing because most of them have similar features or function alike but there are some that do more than the others and that’s the reason I’m giving you the best WordPress plugins you should install for maximum site performance.
Top 20 Best WordPress Plugins For Effective Bloggers
- Akismet: This plug is pre-installed by WordPress and it’s just for you to activate it so that it can start functioning. This plugin help to fight against spammers and when you don’t have it on your blog or website, you get more than a thousand spammy comments daily which is not good for your blog or site.
- W3 Total Cache: This plugin is Best WordPress Plugin for your site performance. It dramatically improve the speed and user experience of your site. Add browser, page, object and database caching as well as minify and content delivery network to WordPress. It is highly recommended you install this plugin if you want to increase the speed of your site.
- Wordfence Security: This plugin takes care of your WordPress site security issues like Anti-virus, Firewall and High Speed Cache. It also help to protect your Admin login by blocking any IP address with several failed login attempt. You have access to change the settings in the plugin’s setting page.
Yoast SEO: This is the best WordPress SEO plugin for your WordPress site visibility. Yoast SEO consist of on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps, social networks and more. This plugin is the best SEO plugin I’ve used so far.
5. WPtouch Mobile Plugin: When it comes to making your WordPress site mobile friendly, WPtouch is the best solution to the problem because it gives you the option to add device and browsers to your WordPress site.
6. Broken Link Checker: This plugin helps you to check your WordPress blog’s broken links and notify you on your dashboard if there is any. This is a very good plugin for your blog’s performance because when your site has a broken link, it annoys your visitors when they get error message from such link.
7. Contextual Related Posts: This plugin helps to reduce your site bounce rate by displaying related posts on your website or in your feed. This plugin increase the time visitors spend on your site by making stay for a long period.
8. Google Analytics by MonsterInsights: This plugin makes it easier to add Google Analytics to your site with lots of features like error page, search result and automatic outgoing links and download tracking. This is essential for tracking your site traffic statistics and knowing where your site’s visitors are going as well.
9. Jetpack by WordPress.com: This plugin simplifies managing your site by giving you visitor stats, security services, speeding up images, and helping you get more traffic. Jetpack consists of so many features and you can also publish you post to your social networks profile just by clicking of publish. Just configure Jetpack and start enjoying many more features.
10. Redirection: This plugin helps you to manage 301 redirection, keep track of 404 errors, and generally tidy up any loose ends your site may have. It’s necessary you have it installed for errors redirect.
11. SEO Friendly Images: This plugin will automatically updates all your site images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes for Search Engine Optimization purposes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. This plugin also help to bring visitors from search engines who are in search of the images you have on your site.
12. Super Socializer: This is the best WordPress social network plugin with features like social sharing, social commenting, social login and more. It also have so many social networks like Facebook, Twitter, G+, Reddit, What’s app and more.
13. TT Post Viewer Plugin: This plugin displays recent posts, most popular posts, most commented posts, featured posts, related posts and more.
14. UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore: This plugin takes care of your WordPress backup and restore. It gives you the option to save your site backup to places like Google drive, Dropbox, Rackspace, Email with option for automatic schedule.
15. MailPoet Newsletters: This plugin help you to capture and manage your site’s Email subscribers, send Newsletters and new posts made to your site subscribers.
16. Contact Form 7: This plugin add a form to your contact page for your site visitors to fill so that your Email or contact information will not be revealed to them. It also prevent bots and spammers from getting your contact.
17. Sexy Author Bio: This plugin adds a sexy, custom about the author box below your posts for single and multiple authors.
18. TinyMCE Advanced: This plugin add more features to your WordPress visual editor which is very necessary for writing an effective and compelling blog post. The WordPress originally visual editor doesn’t have these features.
- Easy Plugin for AdSense: This is the best plugin to display your Adsense ads on your site. This plugin guide you on how you carry out your Adsense codes on your site so that you won’t get banned by Adsense. There are still other Ads plugin but I recommend this for Adsense users.
WP Smush: This plugin help to cut image file sizes, improve performance and boost your site SEO.
Having seen these Best WordPress Plugins and their functions, what do you think about them and do you have any question or suggestion on this topic? Use to comment box below to let us know and also remember to share this post with your friends of social networks.